Very easy to make, there is no need for complicated equipment for this recipe. You will have creamy results in just half an hour.
Many people are using this recipe and it is a big hit at this moment. When you will make this homemade mozzarella which is quite delicious, you will never buy one from the market.
- 34 teaspoon citric acid, but first rarefied in 12 cup of cold water
- 14 rennet tablet, rarefied in 1/8 cup of cold water
- 12 gallon whole milk
- 12 teaspoon sea salt
- Kitchen thermometer
- Apply the milk in some large heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add the citric acid/water composite and mix it gently until the milk reaches 90 F.
- Then remove the pot from the heat and slowly mix in the rennet solution with an up and down movement with the slotted spoon. Cover it and leave it for 5 minutes. Examine the curd it should be look like custard if you press it slowly with your finger.
- When your cheese curds became custard-like combination, whittle a cross-hatch griddle into the curds with a long sharp knife.
- After that cook the curds to 105 degrees and wring the liquid whey.
- When your cheese curds are cooked and wringed, heat them until they are able to be wrenched.
- Wrench the cheese and gather it back on itself. If the cheese tears, add more heat and fold in the salt. The more you gather the cheese the more lace-like it will be. Rip off fragments and roll into balls, and dish out them warm with olive oil and sea salt.