Fiber is the ultimate healer and one of the and if you haven’t upped your intake of fiber yet if you are dealing with fibroid tumors, you need to get with the program. Even though research has shown how important fiber is for promoting general health and well-being, most people still aren’t getting enough of this vital nutrient in their daily diet.
Daily requirements of fiber
Women need about 25 grams of fiber on a daily basis and men need about 35 grams of fiber. If you have fibroids, and want to use fiber as one of the natural remedies for fibroids you are using, you may want to shoot for 30 to 40 grams of fiber daily.
As mentioned previously most people aren’t getting anywhere close to this amount of fiber on a daily basis which is leading to many health problems. Part of the problem is that we eat too many processed foods that eliminate fiber and many other nutrients during processing.
Fiber is the only nutrient that is not digested by the body and generally leaves the body the same way that it enters the body. This is also one of the reasons that there was an increase in “white foods.” Food manufacturers did not think that we needed fiber and so they eliminated it from foods leading to white bread, white rice, white pasta, white flour, etc. And people enjoyed and still enjoy these white foods unfortunately.
With the elimination of fiber, these “white foods” are processed too quickly by the body and this is one of the reasons that many health problems such as type 2 diabetes have arisen.
Two types of fiber
Fiber is made up of soluble fiber and insoluble fiber. Both of these types are crucial for optimum health with soluble fiber being extremely crucial in order to prevent and to treat various diseases and conditions.
Soluble fiber turns into a gel like substance after absorbing water making it extremely important for preventing various diseases and conditions because this gel like substance it turns into grabs various harmful substances in our foods such as fat, cholesterol, various toxins, etc, and helps to eliminate them.
Insoluble fiber is what was known as roughage and usually leaves the body in much the same way as it entered the body.
General health benefits of a fiber rich diet
Before we discuss why fiber is one of the best natural remedies for uterine fibroids, we will discuss some of the general health benefits of fiber which include but are not limited to;
- Being able to fight various diseases and conditions. A fiber rich diet can help to prevent colon cancer as well as heart disease. Fiber especially soluble fiber helps the body to eliminate cholesterol by binding it in the digestive tract.
- Insoluble fiber is the perfect antidote for constipation and other digestive issues. Insoluble fiber is very absorbent and soaks up many times its weight in water as it passes through the intestines which means that it enables stools to be firmer, larger and easier to pass.
- Fiber can actually help with overeating making it an effective weight management or weight loss method. Fiber fills you up quicker which means that you will eat less food including in-between meal snacks. It is also digested by the body very slowly which helps to prevent hunger pangs as well as blood sugar spikes that are commonly associated with diabetes. If you need to lose weight, increase your fiber intake.
- and so on and so forth
As one of the key ingredients in healthy eating, fiber is something you don’t want to eliminate or not eat enough of. Fiber can serve many different purposes, which were covered above. If you aren’t getting enough fiber in your diet – you should do something about it starting now.
Fiber as one of the best natural remedies for uterine fibroids
Fiber is one of the best natural remedies for uterine fibroids for a number of reasons including;
- Constipation and other digestive issues can be one of the symptoms of uterine fibroids and a fiber rich diet can help to eliminate these issues.
- An estrogen dominant state is thought to be the reason for the development of fibroid tumors and well as uterine fibroids symptoms and one of the benefits of fiber is that it can help grab onto excess estrogen and eliminate it.
- Another of the benefits of fiber which makes it one of the best natural remedies for fibroids is that by helping everything flow properly and timely, it can help promote the growth of healthy bacteria in the gut and help it thrive which is another way to promote hormone balance and prevent estrogen dominance that is commonly associated with the development of fibroid tumors.
- As mentioned previously, fiber can help with weight management or weight loss because it slows digestion and also helps to fill you up quicker which prevents overeating. Being overweight can mess up your hormone balance and increase the risk of developing fibroids as well as symptoms.
Eating more fiber means that you need to drink more water. In order to keep fiber moving through your digestive tract, you’ll need to consume a lot of water otherwise the fiber will get stuck in your body which defeats the purpose of consuming more fiber. With your diet of fiber, you’ll need to drink eight or more 8 oz glasses of water daily.
Getting the most
When you are thinking of using fiber as a natural remedy for fibroids, rest assured that you can get enough fiber and you do not have to go out of your way to eat fiber. Most real foods such as fruits, vegetables and legumes contain all the soluble and insoluble fiber you need to get the daily value of 25 grams of fiber or more. It’s when you eat too many processed foods that you start to become fiber (and other nutrients) deficient.
When you eat these real foods, you will not only get fiber but various other vitamins and minerals that can help to heal your body of fibroids which makes this one of the best natural remedies for uterine fibroids.
Many cereals are high in fiber if you choose the right kinds so this is a way you can start to incorporate fiber into your diet. Instead of buying the “white foods,” shop for whole grains. Make sure that the ingredient list states that it contains “whole grain”.
Do not discard the peel of various fruits and vegetables since this is where the majority of fiber will be found. The same for the stems. One of the best ways to incorporate stems and peels especially if you don’t like them is by making green smoothies which allows you to use all parts of the fruits and vegetables including the parts that you would normally discard.
Beans are the best source of insoluble fiber so stock up on dried or canned beans although you may want to avoid canned beans because of the high sodium content.
If you are not used to eating too much fiber, start with small amounts and gradually build up so that you do not have to deal with diarrhea, bloating and excess gas if you consume too much too soon.
Too much fiber
It is difficult to eat too much fiber, but if you eat more than 50 grams of fiber in a day, you may get diarrhea and bloating, which can interfere with your body’s absorption of other key minerals but it is usually easier to eat too little fiber than too much.
This is just a bit of information on why fiber is one of the best natural remedies for uterine fibroids. You need to eat a fiber rich diet as this is one of the best ways to promote general health and well-being as well as prevent various diseases and conditions including fibroids so eat up!
For more on the best natural remedies for uterine fibroids, you need the step by step guidance on how to eliminate fibroids for good using natural methods that is set forth in the holistic guide . If you need a health miracle, get your hands on this bestselling guide .