Under hydration is dangerous as over hydration, but it is not debated that often as over hydration because most of the people are not drinking enough water, or they are drinking too many fluids that are dehydrating them.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ARE OVER HYDRATED?
This condition is very rare, but when it happens it can lead to hyponatremia. Hyponatremia appears when the sodium in the blood cells is rarefied. This can lead to confusion, headaches, sickness and inflating. In worst cases it can cause seizures, organ failure or even death.
YOUVE HEARD THAT YOU SHOULD DRING EIGHT GLASSES OF WATER A DAY, BUT FOR SOME PEOPLE, THATS TOO MUCH.
With the consummation of foods with high amounts of water such as fruits and vegetables you are consuming 20-30% of your daily water intake. This recommendation can fluctuate based on your gender, diet, environment, altitude, health, age and fitness level.
- The mans body is in fact designed to consume more water than the womans body, thats why it is recommended for men to drink more water than women. An average adult mans body is 60-65% water, while on the other hand average adult womans body is 55-60% water. The larger muscle tissue in mens body contains more water than fat tissue.
- When you are implementing high sugar and protein diets, your body needs more water in order to rarefy the sodium and sugar in your blood, which will allow you to absorb it in your bloodstream. Coffee, tea, soda and fruit juice are promoting dehydration.
- If the weather is hot your body will sweat more in order to keep you cool. Your body will require more water for maintaining hydration.
- When you are on higher altitudes you will be affected from lower air pressure and lower humidity, which can lead in a quicker evaporation of moisture from your organism.
- Water is helpful for removing the toxins from your body. The people with a poor health are bolstered to consume more water as a result.
- The people who are active are drinking more water in order to compensate the water lost through sweating.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU ARE DRINKING THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF WATER AND WHAT CAN YOU DO ABOUT IT?
- Take a closer look of the color of your urine and its amount. If its amount and color are clear, you are hydrated.
- If you are feeling thirsty after waking up, it means you are not hydrated.
- Avoid beverages which are including more than 5 grams of sugar per eight ounces. Drink low sugar drinks and avoid the flavored water and sport drinks.
- If your body consumes large amount of water quickly, it will stimulate the max volume reaction and will try to pee it all out!
WATER DOESNT JUST QUENCH YOUR THIRST AND KEEP YOU HYDRATED.
When your body intakes the proper amount of water daily, you will have improved organ and skin health. Your skin will be finer, smoother and more radiant. You will eat less because we often think we are hungry when we are thirsty.