Self care is more than just a buzz word; it’s a necessary process for anyone who survived 2016.
Besides the stressors that come with everyday life, we’ve been bombarded with back-to-back celebrity deaths, a vicious news cycle and the onset of a presidency that doesn’t include the Obamas.
Regardless of your feelings on any of these topics, it’s clear that some of us are feeling a bit off kilter. The top of a New Year is an ideal time to set your self care intentions, so what are you waiting for? Make an early investment and stash these calming beauty finds throughout your home as a reminder to hit the reset button whenever necessary:
UMA Pure Calm Wellness Oil
1. Have you ever spent more than a few minutes rubbing your temples because of an excruciating migraine? Next time you find yourself in this painful predicament, be sure to have a soothing wellness oil on hand. This 100% organic blend (chamomile, jasmine, lavender and more) acts as a sedative for nerves, and may work faster than Ibuprofen.
Herbivore Botanicals Bath Salts
2. Every once in awhile, a fragrant bath is the only thing that will force you to slow down. Next time you want to sit and soak, a handful of these Himalayan Pink Salt crystals, scented with natural vanilla and ylang ylang, will provide the ultimate relaxation.
Plant Apothecary Organic Body Wash
3. The packaging says it all. After a long day at work, this ginger and lavender oil-infused body wash will help prepare your body for sleep. Bonus: this Brooklyn-based brand is also black-owned!
First Aid Beauty Oatmeal Mask
4. Nothing personifies rest and relaxation better than a face mask. First Aid’s award-winning 10 minute mask will be your face’s saving grace during the winter season, as it calms and nourishes stressed skin.
Jo Malone Just Like Sunday Lavender & Lovage Candle
5. When you barely have the energy to take a bath or apply a mask, fill your home with aromatic lavender and breath in the scent that instantly relieves tension.
Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Detox Hydra-Gel Eye Patches
6. Since the thinnest skin on our face is around the eye, chances are that’s where you will literally see stress. These mini eye patches are infused with aloe, hyaluronic acid and more to calm, hydrate and best of all: reduce lines and wrinkles!
Molton Brown Ylang-Ylang Home & Linen Mist
7. When masking, bathing and candles don’t seem to work, spritzing your pillow with a calming scent may be the secret to getting some decent shut eye. We love the balance of this linen mist, that includes everything from sweet vanilla to jasmine and cedarwood.
Honest Beauty Elevated Hydration Mist
8. Busy bees who need their self care on-the-go should definitely keep a hydrating face mist on hand. Besides setting your makeup, those infused with calming scents can make the busiest of days seem less daunting.
Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick In Santa Sangre
9. Sometimes, a pop of color in the makeup department can be the ultimate mood shifter. Even if you aren’t a beauty risk taker, a bright and bold lippie will make you feel like the ultimate (stress-free) boss!
Photo by Lorado/Getty images