With thinking of rosewater, I have on my mind a bath full with water and rose petals. But it turns out that rosewater is much more than nice and romantic tool. It is huge source of perfume, and it has been used for medical use and also has nutritional properties. It fact the most used essential oil around is rose essential oil. Cleopatra in her beauty routine has used rosewater. It was extremely valuable in Ancient Persia and Egypt since 3000 BC.
What is Rosewater?
Rosewater is fundamentally a result of rose oil made through distillation of pure fresh rose petals. Rosewater contains more than 300 distinctive chemical mixes. It has antioxidants like tannins, flavonoids and rich in vitamins like A, C, D, E and B3. It has antibacterial, mitigating, recuperating and clean properties. If you consume it like therapeutic tea, it can help to enhance our body with helpful supplements and minerals. It is big help against digestive problems, relieve eye irritation and tension.
In any case, basically, rosewater is prominent in numerous healthy skin routines. It calms and enhances the state of dry and maturing skin. Also it cleans and purifies your skin. Furthermore, rose water is very useful for hair; it expands blood stream to the scalp (which aides sustain and fortify hair follicles).
How to Make Rosewater
- Petals from a bunch of roses (where to find)
- A Large Pot
- Clean the rose petals
- Pour 2 cups of boiled water over the rose petals. Leave the rose petals covered for about half an hour (or until the petals lose their color)
- Cool and strain the petals out
- Put the water in a bottle and keep in the fridge
- Use only roses that ae grown naturally, not those who has been sprayed with insecticides.
Fantastic Ways to Use Rosewater
- Eye Makeup Remover: Mix one ounce of jojoba oil with and one ounce rosewater. Put the both ingredients in a bottle and mix well before using.
- Treating Sunburn: Just put it over the affected zone and relax while it takes effect
- Insect Bites: simple put it over the insect bites.
- Toner: This toner is excellent against acne and wrinkles. Put it on washed skin with cotton ball, or lightly spray it. Make sure you avoid the eyes.
- Natural Perfume: Add jasmine oil to rosewater and used it like perfume
- Disinfectant: Rosewater is great in killing bacteria
- Also you can wash your face with rosewater to decrease skin irritation caused by pimples, acne, breakouts and redness.
- Headaches: Soak one towel in rosewater and put in on your head to relieve a chronic headache.