Despite the presence of several products to relieve sensitive skin, many women opt to use natural remedies. Why? These women, especially those with sensitive skin, are aware of the harmful effects of not checking and knowing the effects of the products they are using. That’s why they check the back label of a skin care product and other cosmetics to see if there are certain ingredients that could potentially harm their skin. If they are unsure about an ingredient, they check the internet to know about its use and safety. Once they are aware of the ingredient, its causes and effects on the skin, that’s the time they will decide to purchase the product or not. This is vital so as not to create severity to the condition, preventing their sensitive skin from further irritation.
Aside from redness and dryness, most common indicators of sensitive skin are itching after using certain products, skin reaction leading to breakouts, rashes, as well as extreme dryness of skin that does not protect the nerve ending.
To manage your sensitive skin, here are sensitive-free, natural ingredients good for this type of skin.
Aloe Vera Gel– is one of the best ingredients for sensitive skin that gives soothing relief. Aloe Vera Gel also helps in healing skin redness and itchiness.
- Get an aloe leaf, cut it to open, then, squeeze the gel from the leaf.
- Apply the gel on the affected area or simply put it on your face and neck.
- Leave the gel to dry overnight and wash off with water in the morning. Do not worry about the mild itch you will experience after application because it is normal.
Honey– a natural ingredient that not only soothes but also has antibacterial properties that keeps sensitive skin moisturized without any irritation. Once you apply honey on your skin, it provides instant glow on your skin. It also makes your skin smooth and supple.
- Take two tablespoon of honey in a bowl.
- Add two teaspoon of cinnamon powder and mix them well.
- Apply the mixture to face and neck. Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Afterwards, remove the mixture from your face with water.
Turmeric– this powder has antiseptic properties that prevent breakout and rashes. The presence of curcumin, a compound found in turmeric powder gives the skin an inner glow.
- Take one tablespoon of turmeric powder.
- Add few drops of honey and two tablespoon of raw milk.
- Mix them well and spread the mixture to face and neck.
- Let it dry and wash off with water.
Overripe banana– Don’t throw those overripe bananas yet. They can be used as moisturizing face pack. The banana face pack helps in removing dead skin cells and sealing in moisture to the skin.
- Mash an overripe banana in a bowl.
- Add one teaspoon of honey and two teaspoon of curd and mix them well.
- Apply the mixture to face and neck and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Wash off then pat the skin dry.
Green tea– an antioxidant that rejuvenates and keeps the skin younger looking, Green tea does not dry out the skin as it provides relaxing relief.
- Boil water and add green tea leaves. Once boiled, strain out the liquid and let it cool.
- Add two drops of honey. Using a cotton ball, dab it on your face.
- Let it stay for 10 minutes then wash off with water.
You may also use green tea bags by putting them in the refrigerator then use them after these bags are completely chilled.
You can do the abovementioned home remedies twice a week. After applying them on your skin, use moisturizer with SPF to protect your skin. Just a reminder for those with sensitive skin, avert adding any acidic ingredient like lemon or vinegar so as not to complicate your condition.