So often people come back from their holidays joking that they need another holiday to recover, well although they may be joking, all too often holidays and travel, in general, are not as relaxing and restoring as we think. This is especially true if you’re burning the candle at both ends while you’re away having fun. Read on and see our 8 tips to stay healthy while traveling.
The excitement builds in the days leading up to your travels, leaving your set routine behind for a week or two and spending time relaxing and doing exactly what you want to. But it can be a double-edged sword, your set routine at home is probably contributing to your ability to stay fit and healthy. Organising healthy home cooked meals and working out on set days is easy once you establish the routine.
Once you enter holiday mode all of that can easily go by the way-side, and if you’re not careful that can spill over when you return from holiday, denting your fitness progress for months. Travelling regularly for business or pleasure can play havoc with overall health and fitness plan, lack of regular routine combined with delicious local food options means that a little bit of time on the road can have a big effect on your body.
We have some great tips for you but overarching these little tips there is one big thing that you can do to minimise the ill effects of your holiday, and that is rest. More specifically making sure that you’re getting enough sleep to allow your body to fully recover. Tiredness is regularly linked to feelings of hunger and general lethargy, which are a lethal combination for weight gain and a general decay of health and fitness.
A plan of attack is all that you need. This handy little infographic by
– Explore your destination by taking an early morning jog or fast walk, you’ll discover the area in half the time and feel better for it.
2. Ask the Locals Where to Eat – The most popular restaurants for tourists normally aren’t the healthiest, whereas local eateries may offer healthier options.
3. Check the Hotel Facilities – Most modern hotels have a gym of some sort, failing that prepare an equipment-free workout that you can do in your hotel room or on the beach.
4. Drink Up – Water That Is! – It’s easy to forget this 101 tip while you’re busy enjoying yourself, drinking water will help you stay in top shape and avoid hunger pangs from being dehydrated.
5. Fail to Prepare & Prepare to Fail – If you don’t do at least a little bit of meal pre-planning you’ll likely end up overindulging, planning your lunches as a minimum is normally an easy win.
6. Remember the Snacks – Bulk buy healthy snacks when you arrive to stop yourself from buying the local crisps and other unhealthy offerings.
7. Always take your Kit with You – Your workout kit only takes up a tiny amount of space, so there is no excuse for not taking it with you.
8. Choose an Active Holiday – You might convince yourself you’ll stay fit on a beach holiday but it probably won’t happen. Booking an adventure holiday will make sure you stay nice and active.
Do you have any tips for keeping health, and dealing with cancer when traveling? Please post them in the comments below.
See more tips for coping with cancer on our website here>>www.WhatNext.com