Coconut Oil may be a trendy ingredient, but this is one product that’s well worth the hype. Ahead, 10 of the seemingly endless ways the wonder product can amp up basically every aspect of your life.
1. Shaving cream: Save money by swapping out your normal shave gel for the tasty smelling oil. It’ll leave your legs feeling softer than ever, especially after skipping shaving during the winter months.
2. Ultra-hydrating leave-in conditioner: Mix a cup of hot water with 2 tablespoons of the oil, and massage it through your hair. Leave in for an hour and rinse with warm water.
3. Sunburn soother: Not ready for the rays during your Spring Break trip? It’s okay—slather some coconut oil on the sunburned areas, and both the pain and the burn will start to fade.
4. Cosmetic cleaner: Coconut oil is the perf natural tool for gently cleaning your make-up brushes. Heat the oil for about half a minute, dip the brush bristles in and then wash out with warm water. They’ll feel good as new.
5. Body lotion: After winter, your skin is bound to be feeling dry and itchy—slather on some coconut oil right after your shower for seriously soft skin.
6. Frizz fighter: Rub a teaspoon of coconut oil through your hair for maximum smoothness.
7. Make-up remover: Massage a small amount of the oil over your made-up spots, and wash away with warm water. Clear!
8. Cuticle cream: Rub it on your cuticles when you’re giving yourself a mani for beautiful beds.
9. Lip balm: Lose your Chapstick again? Reach for your handy jar.
10. Exfoliator: Mix 3 tablespoons of the oil with 2 tablespoons of sugar to help scrub that dry winter skin away!